Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Season collage


I took a long time on this assignment, although my results may not seem so. I looked through many, many of my pictures to find some appropriate to any season, but most of my pictures are of my kids and events, not seasonal. I couldn't find enough of any one definite "season-specific" picture set that would work. Finally, I just took a load of pictures out and about and around my house and tinkered with them. The background of this collage is actually a portion of the tall tree picture I cropped slightly to include in the pictures. I included the snow-covered car because, let's face it, that is the epitomy of winter in Alaska. The shot of my kids' treehouse with the garage behind it was also a must - reminding us that even in the frigid months children still need to play. Finally, I included a couple shots of the bare trees, slumbering under the snow, waiting for Spring to come. The background, as I said, is cropped from one of the internal pictures. The pictures float in a wintry sky, framed by bare branches to emphasize the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment