Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shots - movement



I cropped the picture below so that it would only show the hula hoop circling my daughter's waist. In both photos, the contrasting light shirt and dark hoop emphasize the presence of the hoop. The motion of the hoop is easily perceived by its central location and lack of obvious contact on her body. I think the cropped one above, showing just the hoop, really brings out the motion, since it is cut off at the side of the image and as I look at the image I am waiting for it to move back into the frame. If there weren't such a contrast between hoop and shirt, this would not be as effective. The lines in the hoop design also set it apart from the ground in the background, so it is not lost even when away from my daughter's body.





No comments:

Post a Comment